Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Anne Frank

Here's a kind of history lesson for you.

I am Jewish, but it's just been recently so, but I believe I was always meant to be Jewish, despite my late uptake on the religion. I can't explain why.

I've always felt extremely close to Anne Frank. We look alike, honestly. (Used to, before hair dye and contacts.) But I really always felt some kind of.. connection to her. I can't explain it, as before.

I think everyone knows her story, but if you don't, here's a summary.

Anne was a Jewish girl living in Hitler Germany when Adolf Hitler became the fuhrer, or leader. He denounced himself as a dictator, and was directly responsible for World War II. Her father, Otto Frank, decided they would go into hiding. He left clues making it to where it was thought he had gone to Poland. They his in what Anne called in her diary, the Secret Annex. They lived there for two years, and they were taken to concentration camps, where Nazis killed Jews, in horrific ways. (Gas chambers, or simply just shooting them, and making them fall backwards into a mass grave.) Anne eventually died of Typhus, (at the Bergen-Belsen Concentration Camp) four weeks before the camp was liberated by the Allies.

I've always wished that I could save her somehow.


How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
~
I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.
~
I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
Anne Frank

Love,
Khaos :'(

P.S
Here is a site that I found for you.
Go to it. It's very informative, this woman saw Anne Frank, and was with her when she died. It's very touching.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. She really was a remarkable girl. :)

    Oh! And stick to the Religion. ;) it will be good for you. And try to spread the word.. Jews are facing some rough times.

    ReplyDelete